To learn more, please read the following statements closely. We also strongly suggest that you refer to these sections periodically for changes or updates.
· Online Privacy Statement
· Protection and respect of your privacy
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. appreciates the concerns you may have with respect to the circulation of personal information on the Internet and, with your collaboration, wishes to address these issues. This is why we feel it is important that you fully understand the type of information we collect from you when visiting our website along with its intended use.
Please read the following sections carefully. We also strongly suggest that you refer to this section periodically for changes or updates. Please be assured that Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. will not collect any personal information without your prior consent or knowledge.
· The collection and processing of personal information
The collection and processing of personal information takes place under very precise conditions and at specific times. For example, when participating in online contests, you are required to enter your name, postal address, e-mail and other personal information by filling out an online form. From time to time, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. also solicits online reader comments on various issues and topics. For the comments to be accepted, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. requires that you submit your full name and city, along with any relevant comments and information, for potential publication online or in the print version of the newspaper.
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. also accepts letters to the editor online. When you send a letter to the editor, you are consenting to the letter being published, along with your name and city. Please be advised that after you submit a letter to the editor, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. owns the content of this letter and may republish it at any time.
At these very specific times, the information that you submit will be processed and be subject to a host of data collection practices including saving, storing, editing, detailing, archiving and destruction.
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. also provides, within reasonable limits, means to verify the accuracy and to update your personal information. As well, on certain online forms, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. may ask you if you wish to receive information on other services, contests or news about Sun Media and its partners. You are always given the option to decline such offers or to end your subscription to a previously requested service.
The length of time Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. retains your personal information will vary depending upon the rules and requirements of each individual contest, promotion, or activity.
It is important to note that Sun Media will never disclose your personal information with sponsors, advertisers, partners and other clients without your consent or without providing you with an opportunity to opt out. If we ever request information for another purpose, you will be automatically and explicitly informed at the time such information is requested.
We will never disclose any personal information to parties outside of Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. without giving you an opportunity to opt out or without your explicit prior consent. Furthermore, all personal information collected by Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. is stored in server sectors that are inaccessible to the public.
Despite the above, at any time, you may request that Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. end its use or planned use of your personal information. Doing so may disentitle you to participate in contests.
In addition, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. may disclose your personal information: upon request by a legal authority or in good faith when such action is deemed necessary (a) in order to abide by applicable laws or regulations or to intervene in a lawsuit against Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc.; (b) in order to protect or defend the legal or property rights of Sun Media or those of its users; and (c) to intervene, under extreme circumstances, in order to protect the personal safety of LFPress.com users or the safety of the general public.
· Be careful!
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. may contain links to third-party Web sites; these are provided solely for your convenience. Clicking on these links will take you outside of Sun Media. Please be advised that Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. has no control over these third-party sites and, while Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. may feature such links, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. will not, at any time, accept liability for these sites. Consequently, personal information that you provide to a Web site outside of Sun Media is subject to the privacy protection policies of the given third-party site. In the event of abuse by such sites, Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. cannot, at any time, be held responsible. Therefore, we strongly urge you to carefully read the privacy protection policies of all third-party sites you choose to enter.
We also wish to inform you that the risks associated with the supplying of personal information in a chat room, via e-mail or on a Web-based message board are not covered by our privacy protection policy; thus, you must be extremely careful if you choose to supply personal information through these means. You are submitting this information at your own risk. Indeed, this information may be collected and used by third parties without your prior consent. In other words, if you choose to provide personal information online and this information is available to the public, you may, eventually, receive unsolicited e-mail from third parties. Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. declines all responsibility in this regard. We urge you to remain cautious and vigilant, at all times, on the Internet.
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. has set up security measures to protect you from the loss or unauthorized use of your supplied personal information. As well, our LFPress.com servers are equipped with firewall technology. Despite these measures, and given that no technology is foolproof, we must advise you that there will always remain a certain amount of risk and that your personal information may be disclosed, without your consent, unintentionally, and without fault on the part of Sun Media. Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. declines any responsibility in the event that such confidential information is disclosed, unless caused by negligence on the part of Sun Media.
· Protection of children and teens on the Internet
Children and teenagers are increasingly using the Internet and discovering its many advantages. However, as is the case in many other environments, their greater vulnerability may be targeted for crime and exploitation. This is why we urge you to monitor the Internet use of your children and teenagers and provide them with advice on security and recommendations based on common sense. Such measures will often prevent your children and teenagers from being exposed to offensive content, or from becoming victims of harassment or other criminal acts.
To reduce these risks, as a parent, you should exercise a reasonable amount of supervision of Internet use by your children and teenagers. They should be told to never give out their personal information, such as their name, address or phone number, on any Internet forum.
It is also important that children and teenagers be encouraged to share their concerns with you in the event that they receive disturbing or provocative messages.
These recommendations will help your children and teenagers surf the Internet in an informed fashion and allow you to ensure that they fully benefit from the learning and development possibilities that exist online.
· What is a cookie?
"Cookies" are little bits of information that are sent to your computer when you visit a Web site. They are saved, either temporarily or permanently, on your hard drive, leaving a trace of your passage. The information can include such things as the date and time of your last visit, a given answer to an online question, personal information, etc. Cookies can also enhance your Web experience by recording your navigation preferences for a given Web site.
It should be noted that the actual cookie files stored on your hard drive are harmless. They may be read and deleted at any time. Thus, you always have complete control.
Each visitor is assigned a unique cookie, for a temporary period of less than 24 hours` that allows us to determine the total number of repeat visits to Sun Media.
While the information cannot be used to identify a visitor, cookies provide important data for our marketing department. Indeed, this information enables us to inform our sponsors of the total number of visitors for each of our sites and the length of each visit. In turn, it allows our sponsors to estimate or measure the probable or actual impact of their ads. It also allows us to determine our ad rates. While this information helps our sponsors buy ad space, it does not allow them to identify you individually.
· In conclusion…
We hope that this information has provided you with a better understanding of our strict privacy protection policies. Please note that Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. reserves the right to modify these policies at any time. Thus, we invite you to periodically consult this section for possible updates and changes.
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest starts at 12:00AM on Saturday March 24, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM on Friday April 6, 2018. The Contest is sponsored by SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. (the “Sponsor"). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. has been retained by the Sponsor to administer the Contest. The Sponsor is and shall remain solely responsible for the delivery of the Prize(s) to the winner(s).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to players 18 years of age meeting the following criteria(“Entrants"). All Entrants must be individuals legally residing in Canada and who are the age of majority in their Province of residence at the time of entry into the Contest, however The London Free Press reserves the right to restrict entry to participants within a 100km radius of The London Free Press office (must live within The London Free Press 7-county market distribution area). Sun Media and the Sponsor reserve the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. Employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates, Sun Media, Postmedia and its subsidiaries or affiliates and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3. PRIZES: There will be 10 pairs of tickets in total given away (the “Draw") from all entries received in the contest period. The winner will receive a pair of tickets to see any performance during the 2018 season at Victoria Playhouse Petrolia. Dates and show times subject to availability. This prize has an estimated cash value of $75. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable and is not exchangeable for another date.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet throughout the Contest period. There are two ways to participate – directly online via upickem entry (this website) by entering registration information participants will automatically be entered into the draw. Entrants may also enter the Contest by using the alternate means of Contest entry set out in item 5.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN - ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTEST ENTRY: Entrants may receive one (1) entry for the draw by legibly printing the Entrant's name, street address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, complete email address, and the path to the survey for which the Entrant was selected http://vpp2018.hscampaigns.com and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the URL address of the contest is necessary to identify the specific contest being entered. Entries that do not include the URL address will not be valid.
6. CONTEST DRAW(S): Draws will be held in London, on or about Monday April 9, 2018. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by 11:59pm Friday April 6, 2018. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of an entry winning any Prize will be the same, whether the entry was automatically generated or by alternate means of entry.
7. PRIZE AWARDING: Prizes will be awarded only on verification by SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc.. that all contest requirements have been met by the winners. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants at the email address listed on the SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. systems, or on the drop off entries. SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. will notify the winner by email within 5 days of the Draw Date. The winner will have seven (7) calendar days from notification to accept the Prize by email, and will be instructed whom to contact at that time. SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrant(s) must correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected Entrants will be required to complete and sign to SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. a Declaration and Release Form upon receipt. If a selected Entrant(s) fails to complete and sign the Declaration and Release Form to SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. upon receipt and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. By completing and signing the Declaration and Release Form, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., Facebook, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor and SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant's name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. or their respective advertising agencies.
8. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., which are final. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors.
9. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of the Contest Rules and Regulations, send your request to: Victoria Playhouse Ticket Giveaway, 369 York Street, London, On N6A 4G1. Requests must be received no later than Friday April 6, 2018 + 21 days and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: Neither the Sponsor or SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. are responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the operation of the contest website or any other SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. hosted website, as determined by SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. reserves the right to terminate the Entrant's eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., which in the sole opinion of SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest and to award Prize(s) to individual(s) selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations.
11. TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
12. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. REST OF CANADA: For residents of all provinces other than Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of London, Ontario.
14. APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
15. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor is the sponsor of this contest and is solely responsible for the delivery of the Prizes to the Prize winners, as declared by SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc.. SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering the Contest or use of a Prize won in connection with this Contest or the failure by the Sponsor to deliver the Prize to the winner in accordance with the Contest Rules and Regulations. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc. and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of SUN MEDIA, a division of PostMedia Network Inc., its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
16. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: In case of dispute in regards to this contest, entrant should visit
17. ONLINE ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, submitted at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected Entrants may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
19. TERMINATION: Sponsors reserve the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
20. UGC: The contestant shall obtain all the necessary consents including consents from photographers and people appearing in the photo or video in order to participate to the contest if the contestant is not the photographer of the photo or the video, By entering this contest the contestant represents that he has all the necessary rights on the material sent to Sun Media and agrees that such material be used on Sun Media's network, Sun Media's affiliate and partner networks for the purpose of this contest and its promotion.
The contestant must not include in the Submission any third-party logos, trade-marks or other material in which copyright subsists. Anyone whose submission involves anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk will be disqualified from the Contest and have no chance of winning. Any entry that involves a third party that does not choose to be part of the submission will be disqualified. Also, contestants must make sure their entry is original and does not include any third party's intellectual property. Submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Submissions cannot be a parody or derogatory.
Further by entering this Contest, contestants represent that the Submission is original to them and that they have all the necessary rights in and to the Submission to enter the Submission in this Contest and allow it to be used as provided for in the contest Rules. Entries not complying with the contest Rules will be disqualified.
All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor, including all intellectual property rights in all entries. Each entrant irrevocably agrees that by submitting an entry he/she transfers and assigns all right, title and interest in his/her photograph or video submission to the Contest Sponsor. All entrants further agree to waive all moral rights in their Submission in favour of the Contest Sponsor by entering the Contest. Contest Sponsor reserves its unlimited right to display the Submission(s) in any form of media, including, without limitation, Internet web sites and/or television. Contest Sponsor reserves its unlimited right to edit or manipulate the submission for purposes of better editorial display.